Weekend Livestock Import/customer service Clerk.
Based close to Heathrow Terminal 4. Permanent job. Training will be given.
• Liaising with pet owners face to face and by Phone/email
• Effect customs clearance on Sequoia - 95% pets but also commercial shipments
• Liaising with authorities such as DEFRA and HARC staff with regard to paperwork as well as HMRC and airlines
• Collect payments
• Resolve any irregularities
• Update files on Boxtop
• The shift is a 40 hour week to cover weekend Fri Sat Sun Mon, 10 hours per day. The spread of hours will differ according to arrivals, with the idea being to cover all arrivals at the weekend. Monday is a late shift usually 3 pm until 1 is but with some flexibility depending on arrival times.
• Excellent communicator
• Strong attention to detail
• Animal lover
• Ability to prioritise
• Work well independently
• Very good written and spoken English
• To be computer literate (emails / word / Excel)
This position requires someone who is confident in themselves as you will be working alone for the majority of the weekend. However full training will be given, and you will be accompanied until the desired competency is reached. You will have a friendly and approachable, dedicated team willing to support you at any time. This position, in particular, is very customer-facing, often with private individuals so self-confidence is a must.