PLEASE NOTE: You will need to provide the last 5 years of checkable reference work/education history for security purposes.
Class 1 Personnel require warehouse operatives for our busy freight client based in SL3 (close to Slough).
Temp position with the opportunity to become permanent. £9.50 to £10 per hour depending on experience.
This is shift work. 12 hours per shift. Mixed shifts 6.30 am to 6.30 pm or vice versa with a lunch break.
The role includes
• Working in a busy warehouse handling aviation-related goods.
• Dealing with the preparation of goods for export and all the necessary paperwork.
• Ensuring correct cargo is presented to the customer for collection.
• Deal with delivery documentation and ensure compliance with CAA and HM Customs and Excise.
• Dealing with imports as they come in.
• Packing and breaking down boxes and pallets.
• Other general warehouse duties.
• Once trained to assist with cargo office duties where appropriate.
• Full training will be given for this role.
• You will need to have a full 5-year employment history together with a Police check.
• Will ideally have level CO or level D. If not then training will be given.
• Airfreight experience is an advantage but not essential.
• Forklift/counterbalance is an advantage.
• You will need to be physically fit as the job entails lifting heavy boxes.
• You will be interested in joining a friendly team with the opportunity to progress.
• Have a good and solid work ethic.
• Be flexible and prepared to help out where required.
Good timekeeping is essential for this role.
Own transport is preferred as the nearest bus stop is 20 minutes from the site.