£9.70 - £11.50 per hour
020 8570 1514
4 months ago
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of working in a busy warehouse.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for, even if you've got limited work experience but have recently graduated in a relevant or related field.
Please note: In this position you'll be needed to work at weekends and work shifts in unsociable hours. Full details of how this will work will be revealed at interview.
As the Cargo Airfreight Warehouse Operative you'll report to the Cargo Warehouse Operative and will be primarily responsible for loading and unloading air cargo onto pallets and storage areas. Preparing and palletize cargo as needed. Ensuring paperwork to the cargo is correct. Following dangerous goods requirements and regulation. Provide specialized handling of live animals when required. Drive and operate specialist equipment which may include pump truck, forklift, cargo trailers etc. Report any malfunctions of equipment to supervisors or Duty Managers. Complying with all air cargo legislation at all times.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Working in a busy warehouse loading/unloading goods
- Capable of lifting of up to 25 kg on your own initiative
- Packing / breaking down boxes ,building pallets as per airline standard
The standard working hours for this position are days : 3pm to 8pm - Mon to Fri
The ideal candidate for this Cargo Airfreight Warehouse Operative role will have relevant experience of working in a busy warehouse.
You'll also need experience of working days and nights and warehouse, production or machine operating.
In addition, you'll need good communication skills.
The ideal person for the role will be the following:
- Able to undertake physical work
- Able to provide 5 years work history (gaps over 28 days need a gap reference)(obtained for you by us!)
- Prepared to undergo a UK criminal check (paid for by us for you!)
- Able to pass cargo operative security training - level CO (paid for and provided for you by us!)
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
And if you're a recent graduate with a degree in a relevant or related discipline but minus the experience, we still want to hear from you.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as a Warehouse Operative.
Basic salary: £9.70 - £11.50 per hour
Overtime: You'll also have the opportunity to earn overtime in this role
They are logistics and distribution company, and as a business they've been around since 1991.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Are offering good rates of pay
- Offer training and career development
- Free onsite parking
- Want to get a permanent job
- Like a supportive management
Interested? If you think you're right for this Cargo Airfreight Warehouse Operative role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.