Class 1 Personnel are recruiting warehouse operatives for temporary, ongoing work at DHL in Enfield. The hours are 4pm - 9pm late afternoon/evening.
Warehouse Operative is a hands-on role, working within the warehouse section of the Service Centre.
Working directly with secure, customs cleared shipments, you will be responsible to ensure that all legislative health, safety and security standards are met, highlighting any concerns to supervisors for further investigation/clearance.
The successful candidate is required to ensure that all incoming and outgoing parcels are processed quickly and efficiently with high levels of precision that meets all areas of process quality and compliance within the agreed and sometimes challenging timeframes
The successful applicant is responsible for ensuring that materials and shipments are processed and loaded into vehicles in a precise, safe and time efficient manner. You will be required to scan and distribute material within the service centre in line with Global Operating Procedures, ensuring adherence to legislative health, safety and security policies and standards.
Specific Role Challenges (key focus areas/challenges expected for post holder)
- Ensuring health, safety and security compliance at all times
- Precise and careful handling of shipments
- Working to tight timeframes and deadlines
- Demonstrating excellent teamwork to meet SLAs
Activities & Responsibilities
- Process all incoming and outgoing shipments in line with DHL compliance procedures
- Scan/process shipments in accordance with GSDP checkpoint REF guide
- Ensure all actions are completed quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Manual lifting of shipments is required.
- Adhere to all DHL Health & Safety, Quality, Security and Environmental compliance standards which also includes the working time directive.
- A computer system will be required to be used during the pursuit of your duties.
- Plan and prepare working practices ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Manage day to day workload and seek support when required.
- Ensure warehouse is left in a clean and tidy condition after the end of shift
- Adhere to legislation including Health and Safety, Working Time Directive regulations etc.
- Provide administrative and operational tasks, necessary to ensure the correct functioning of the Service Centre.
- Adhere to all company procedures.
- Safety and security: Adhere to country laws and regulations, company and third party rules and standards.
- Adhere to customs/import/export procedures.
- All employees engaged in activity on behalf of DHL International (UK) Ltd are to comply with all applicable security procedures
- All employees are to bring any potential security breaches or concerns to the attention of their supervisors
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required
- Represent DHL in a professional and efficient manner in order to increase customer satisfaction
- Communicate with colleagues ensuring that service delivery levels are consistently high
Skills/Experience & Educational Background:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge and understanding of manual handling techniques
- Good teamwork
- Able to perform physical requirements of the role
- Committed to achieving results
- Able to work to deadlines
- Displays the CIS attributes of can do, passion, speed and right first time
- Experience within a warehouse environment (preferred)