£25000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: Private health care, Medical Cash benefits, cycle to work scheme & travel insurance
020 8570 1514
15 days ago
This is a fantastic position for anyone wanting to embark on a career in outside Broadcasting, with multiple opportunities to learn and be taught by an experienced engineering team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a methodical, team-orientated approach to project delivery whilst working in a safe and timely manner, along with enthusiasm and a thirst for learning the equipment.
• Maintain the warehouse to a high standard, ensuring all working areas are tidy and free from hazards and rubbish
• Work collaboratively with OB (Outside Broadcast) Project Managers/Unit Managers to ensure OB trucks are accurately and promptly loaded, cleaned and prepped
• After project completion, ensure that OB trucks are unloaded, cleaned and prepared for next assignment
• Inspect all hired equipment before and after jobs, to ensure all kit is complete and in working order
• Use initiative to ensure that equipment is suitably boxed during transportation and for storage purposes
• Respond promptly to unforeseen requirements from all parts of the business
• Maintenance and testing of equipment used on OB trucks, flyaways and other installations
• Involvement with system build and refurbishment projects
• Developing skills and knowledge within the broadcast industry
*Must be prepared to work shifts, weekends, and bank holidays. Role is based on a 7/14 shift pattern
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Physically fit, and able to lift and handle heavy items and cable throughout the shift
• Attention to detail and good memory recall
• Basic computer skills
• A logical approach to problem solving
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic
• A team worker, with good verbal and written and communication skills
• Willing to adapt to the unique nature of the broadcasting business
• UK driving licence is highly desirable but not essential
• Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility and responds positively to new challenges and interruptions; is open to change(s); shows openness to alternative ways of doing things.
• Team-oriented: Ability to develop positive relationships; works well with others; possesses the ability to create and maintain productive working relationships; helps to build positive working relationships in the team environment(s) and connects with people from all parts of society.
• Communication: Listens well and is open to regular, honest feedback; articulate and communicates with passion and clarity; demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills through effective communication; good conflict resolution skills
• Collaboration: Identify improvements with systems and processes to improve workflows and processes; sets an example by sharing necessary knowledge, skills(s) and idea(s) within team to build helpful, productive relationships across the organisation.