Please note: This is a 6-month maternity cover role.
We are searching for a Sheltered Housing Team Leader to be responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Sheltered Housing Service for Sheltered Schemes for a designated area in the Borough of Hounslow (for example East, Central or West).
36 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. Managing a team of Sheltered Scheme Managers so would need management experience – one 2 one’s, appraisals etc, housing management skills, risk assessing, support planning and safeguarding experience.
• To work effectively as part of the Council’s services for older people. To work with other Council departments, Sheltered Housing tenants and staff.
• To promote a philosophy of putting service user needs first at every opportunity and to put in place management arrangements that work to action this.
• To work with key stakeholders in improving service quality and promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling local problems, ensuring services delivered meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all users.
• To work with other officers in the Directorate and where appropriate other Departments to ensure services are integrated at the point of delivery and at the strategic planning level and to identify new opportunities for business efficiencies.
• To support organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, equality measures, monitoring and review are in place.
• Participate in the Council’s emergency planning and responses to emergency situations.
• Lead on ensuring staffing levels are maintained for the delivery of an effective and customer orientated Sheltered Housing Service, including achieving and maintaining Standards of Accreditation required by the Borough.
• Deputise for the Specialist Housing Manager when necessary especially relating to Sheltered Housing
• To work collaboratively with the other Sheltered Team Leaders.
• To have responsibility for cost centre budgets relating to Sheltered Housing and to authorise expenditure
• To lead on training new staff
• To attend meetings with other Council departments, partners, organisations or other stakeholders to develop partnership working.
• To ensure that satisfactory systems are in place to submit performance monitoring information as required.
• To assist in the recruitment and development of staff including, identifying and undertaking training and development, performance appraisals, management of absences, and all types of disciplinary actions that may arise.
• Co-ordinate with the other Team Leaders to ensure that Sheltered Scheme Managers as a dispersed group are kept informed and up to date on issues affecting tenants, the Housing Service and ensure they have a knowledge of changes in policy and legislation affecting services to older people.
• To liaise and work in partnership with Social Services, health partners and other agencies to ensure a joined-up service is provided that meets the support and care needs of older people in Sheltered Housing and the wider community.
• To advise and assist Sheltered Scheme Managers in dealing with tenancy issues, disputes within 8 Sheltered Units, other management issues and to ensure conditions of tenancy are enforced.
• To liaise and work closely with other sections of Hounslow Housing to ensure that an excellent service is delivered to older people.
• To prepare reports for the Senior Management Team.
• To carry out project work and have special project/portfolio briefs within the department.