£20,000pa - £22,000pa
4 months ago
Weekend Livestock Import/customer service Clerk
Based close to Heathrow Terminal 4. Permanent job. Training will be given.
• Liaising with anxious pet owners face to face and by Phone/email
• Effect customs clearance on Sequoia - 95% pets but also commercial shipments
• Liaising with authorities such as DEFRA and HARC staff with regard to paperwork as well as HMRC and airlines
• Collect payments
• Resolve any irregularities
• Update files on Boxtop
• Shift 40 hour week to cover weekend Fri Sat Sun Mon roughly 8-6/9-7 Fri Sat Sun and Mon is a late shift 3pm until 1am but this should be flexible according to arrivals
• Driving license
• Excellent communicator
• Strong attention to detail
• Animal lover
• Ability to prioritise
• Work well independently
• The candidate would need to be able to speak English well.
• To be computer literate (use emails / word / Excel)
This position requires someone who is quite confident in themselves as the weekend part of the shift is for the most part, a lone affair. However full training will be given, they will be accompanied until the desired competency is reached and they will have a dedicated team willing to support at any time. Friendly and approachable - this position in particular is very customer facing, often with private individuals.
Salary around the £20,000 to £22,000 mark