almost 3 years ago
Class 1 Personnel are looking for a team of hard-working kitchen porters.
There's no getting away from the fact that the kitchen porter is an entry-level position in a kitchen, but there are still many reasons for giving it a go.
Whether it’s to fund your catering related career or the chance to get valuable experience, being a kitchen porter could be the most important role of your life.
Where You Will Work:
This job is based in college/school kitchens assisting the chef.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Overview: Grab your rubber gloves, because the main duties of a kitchen porter are to ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
Qualifications and Skills
Requirements For The Role:
YOU WILL NEED A DBS (Crminial record check) FOR THIS ROLE! We can help obtain this for you.
- Physically fit, this role can involve hours on your feet and some heavy lifting (deliveries etc.)
- A positive attitude
- A good level of spoken English
- Must own/purchase safety boots
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be 18 or above
Class 1 Personnel offer certified training, a great team environment and support to all our staff. We also offer introduce a friend and loyalty bonus schemes.