Our Hospitality sector is looking for a team of driven kitchen and logistics porters to help out at exciting Spring events and venues.
Let's get down to the facts: a kitchen porter/logistics is an entry-level position at any event, but there are still many reasons for choosing this role.
Whether it’s a foot in the door to your catering/events related career or the chance to get valuable experience, being a kitchen or logistics porter could be the first step in the direction of an amazing career.
This is an event based role so you will be working at high profile sporting events, festivals, horse races and VIP functions. So you could be asked to work at some pretty impressive venues.
Hours are flexible (either full or part-time) and the position is temporary, or permanent for the right candidates.
Job Overview: Time to put on the rubber gloves, because the main duties of a kitchen porter are to ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy.*
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
Qualifications and Skills
Requirements For The Role:
- Physically fit, this role can involve hours on your feet and some heavy lifting (deliveries etc.)
- A positive attitude
- A desire to work in hospitality (this is a great way to gain entry to some world-renowned organisations)
- A good level of spoken English
- Must own/purchase safety boots
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be 18 or above