£18 per hour, Benefits: Holiday Pay
020 8570 1514
12 days ago
With access to circa 2,200 bedrooms in South Kensington and North Acton, over 100 conference/meeting venues in central London, and a premium summer school hosting 500 students annually, Commercial Operations generates valuable income for Imperial to supplement it’s core activities.
The department was heavily impacted by the pandemic with no on-campus commercial activity during 2020 or 2021. The group is now planning to relaunch with an overarching direction for the next 2-5 years. We are now looking to refine and implement an innovative business strategy focused on achieving profitability at scale using a new concept of “Summer Learning”.
The Events Duty Manager will have responsibility for the duty management of events to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered within budget. Ensuring the management of events in accordance with health / hygiene legislation and Departmental / College policies. Leading, developing and motivating the Event Operations team.
• To conduct client visits in partnership with the Sales Team. To ensure our customers receive a comprehensive tour of all College facilities and receive professional expert advice and guidance.
• To manage/oversee events services including catering, bars and audio visual requirements.
• To manage events to ensure consistent specified high standards.
• To liaise with the Venue / Assistant Catering Managers to host events in their outlets.
• To “up sell” services to clients to maximise revenue from each event.
• To specialise in and take a lead role in hospitality and events provision.
• To benchmark hospitality services against external providers making suggestions on new products/styles of service.
• To ensure resources are ordered, received and assigned to individual events to provide the services within budget targets.
• Ensure stock control / taking is conducted in accordance with the College Financial guidelines.
• To conduct a weekly review of trading performance.
• To undertake regular events service inspections.
• To take ultimate responsibility for the security, general venue repair and cleanliness of each event.
• To coordinate the management of defects, repairs and maintenance issues via the Estates and Facilities Helpdesk.
• Monitor and support the requirement for the Event operations team to conduct all their working practices in accordance with the Food Hygiene, Health and Safety legislation, The Colleges Financial Regulations and Fire Procedures and the Catering Department Policies.
• Receive and record on the day customer feedback, Identifying and implementing changes in customer service and product offer to maximise revenue.
• Assist in identifying areas of customer service where improvements can be made, helping to implement solutions.
• Report any failure of service and what actions if any were taken to rectify it.
• To develop the teams to promote customer friendly services; to be courteous, respectful, and welcoming to all customers.
• To assist with the management, training and development of team members to deliver a professional and efficient service.
• To manage team schedules to ensure staff resources are used efficiently and in line with event budgets.
• To swiftly notify Management of any staff matters that require further action.
• To monitor sickness and attendance levels for team members.
• To assist the Management with staff recruitment and selection.
• To assist the Management with managing staff absence in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
• To manage holiday requests ensuring adequate staffing levels in all venues.
• To develop team briefings to communicate and develop positive working relationships.
• Carry out general hospitality and events related duties, as required and in line with operational needs.
• To work flexibly in accordance with the operational needs of the business