6 months ago
To maintain an operational, functional, developmental and co-ordinating role in the management of a council depot. This role requires responsibility for managing all aspects of service provision including commercialisation, budget management, income generation, contract management, lease holder relationship management, performance management, repair and maintenance, health and safety, compliance and customer care.
1) Knowledge of managing a significant budget, including the ability to develop strategic cost management reports relating to commercial initiatives, and the ability to manage multiple budget lines for both income and expenditure to monitor maintenance trends.
2) Detailed knowledge and experience of managing public assets and facilities, including strategic asset management and the ability to develop, negotiate and implement asset-related projects/initiatives.
3) Ability to manage significant projects from conception to completion, including providing and procuring services in a public sector/political environment.
4) Demonstrable experience of working as part of a management team, contributing to organisational objectives, business planning and experience in developing service level agreements.
5) Able to manage contracts, including the indirect supervision of contractors, consultants and tenants. Knowledge and understanding of key performance indicator quality-based contracts and the ability to manage underperformance.
6) Highly effective communication and negotiation skills and ability to build and develop long term customer relationships. Knowledge of statistical reporting and research techniques and the ability to write reports and other communications to present and explain to a range of stakeholders.
7) Skilled at developing and managing staff and implementing people management approaches and solutions at an operational and strategic level.
8) Knowledge of managing and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation, strategies and policies in service delivery and working practices.
9) Knowledge and practical experience of ensuring equality and diversity and high standards of customer care in the delivery of services and workplace.
10) Knowledge and practical experience of ensuring health and safety in the delivery of services
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION(S), EXPERIENCE AND REGISTRATION (e.g. HCPC)
• Facilities Management experience, hard and soft services
• Professional membership of one or more of the following: IAM, IET, CIBSE, BIFM, IFMA, RICS. or relevant experience
• NIOSH or IOSH Qualification or relevant experience
• Valid UK driving licence
The postholder must be able to attend sites in the event of emergencies outside of normal working hours.
Please include your salary requirements on application.