£10 - £14
3 months ago
We are recruiting a team of Courier Delivery Drivers for one of the global leaders in the logistic industry.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- A courier will need superb organisational skills to plan and prioritise their workload.
- This is a job which will often require a variety of tasks and may also offer overtime.
- The job can be physically demanding, and full training will be given.
- Couriers are not employed solely for one route but to undertake all of the necessary deliveries.
- A courier role is extremely diverse, and there are extreme peaks within this role, especially around bank holidays and Christmas. It is essential; all couriers work together with the support of all other employees at the service centres to ensure targets achieved.
- Loading/unloading (shipments vary in weight between 0.5kg and 20kg)
- Achieving targets, productivity, service, compliance and commercial
- Complete multiple deliveries 60/80 drops per day
Hours of Work
Mon to Fri 7:00am Start
East Grinstead RH19
PLEASE NOTE: All vehicles going to be kept on-site Overnight, so you need to be able to make your way to and back from the depot
Skills and Requirements
- Good judgement, decision making and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Flexible working approach as overtime may be required
- Be a good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly professional, accurate and effective work ethic
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
- Visual/numerical accuracy
- For insurance purposes applicant must be over 21 with a minimum of 1 year UK delivery driving experience (must have held a licence for a minimum of 2 years)
- 5 years of checkable reference history is a must.
- You will also need the last 5 years of checkable reference history (this can be work/education/jobcentre)
- You must be able to pass a criminal background check
- You must have valid a Level COS certificate - we can help you to arrange this at cost (No Upfront payment needed)