You will need 5 years of references for this job.
Class 1 Personnel are recruiting delivery drivers for DHL. As the face of the company, a DHL courier is responsible for the daily delivery and collection of shipments to and from our customers.
- A courier will need excellent organisational skills to plan and prioritise their daily workload
- The role is a job which will often require a variety of works and may also offer overtime
- The role is physically demanding and full training will be provided
- Couriers are not employed solely for one route but to undertake the necessary deliveries
- Couriers also sort the shipment material both am and pm to ensure efficiency
- A courier role is extremely diverse and there are extreme peaks within this role, especially around bank holidays and Christmas. It is important that all couriers work together with the support of all other employees at the service centres to ensure targets are achieved.
- Complete daily safety checks, safe loading/securing the load of the vehicle, maintenance, legislative/regulations and adherence to company driving standards (including tachograph vehicles)
- Complete multiple deliveries and collections of shipment of a variety of weights
- Sort and prioritise workload (including multiple route sort) to ensure time commitments are met.
- Check for 'cash on delivery' packages to ensure all monies are collected
- Ensure correct completion of DHL/Customer Data and documentation
- Comply with DHL's uniform standards
- Accurate recording of working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations
- To project a high-quality DHL image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality of service to our customers at all times
- Loading/unloading (shipments vary in weight between 0.5kg and 70kg)
- Achieving targets, productivity, service, compliance and commercial
- Scanning and working quickly and efficiently to ensure warehouse deadlines are met
- Awareness of customs/import/export procedures
- Good judgement, decision making and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Flexible working approach as overtime may be required
- Be a good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly professional, accurate and effective work ethic
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
- Visual/numerical accuracy
- You must be over 21 with a minimum of 1 yrs UK driving experience (must have held a licence for a minimum of 2 years)