£7.83 - £10.20 p/h
over 2 years ago
Class 1 Personnel are looking for a team of hard-working kitchen porters to work at exciting summer events.
There's no getting away from the fact that the kitchen porter is an entry-level position in a kitchen, but there are still many reasons for giving it a go.
Whether it’s to fund your catering related career or the chance to get valuable experience, being a kitchen porter could be the most important role of your life.
Where You Will Work:
This is an event based role so you will be working at high profile sporting events, festivals, horse races and VIP functions. So it's likely you could be asked to work at some pretty impressive venues.
Hours are flexible (either full or part-time) and the position is temporary, or permanent for the right candidates.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Overview: Grab your rubber gloves, because the main duties of a kitchen porter are to ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
Qualifications and Skills
Requirements For The Role:
- Physically fit, this role can involve hours on your feet and some heavy lifting (deliveries etc.)
- A positive attitude
- A desire to work in hospitality (this is a great way to gain entry to some world-renowned organisations)
- A good level of spoken English
- Must own/purchase safety boots
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be 18 or above
Class 1 Personnel offer certified training, a great team environment and support to all our staff. We also offer introduce a friend and loyalty bonus schemes.